It seems despite my best efforts the crud has made its way to my house. Last week was bad as I had to go to the ER for some mystery pain that was nothing short of excruciating and along with I could not stop throwing up. Nice huh! Shortly after that Wyatt came down with a runny nose, cough, sore throat, and a low fever. I kept him home from school for a few days and home from his soccer game this morning which he was not happy about. Poor kido! Well last night my nose started running and the sore throat started last night as well and this morning I feel like I got hit by a bus. I just want to go to bed but we all know that is not even an option when you have little ones at home. I just to feel better so I can do my mom and lady of the house duties without wanting to crawl in a bed and go into a coma.
OK now that I have gotten that off my chest I want to talk about my little Monkey Annie. She is a CLIMBER!!! It is quite frightening! She has discovered two new places she likes to climb. The first being my computer hutch! She drags a kitchen chair over to the computer hutch and climbs up onto the part that folds down when you open the hutch and then she climbs over the laptop and into the hutch!!! It is terrifying! It is in no way built to hold a child. Then as if that wasn't bad enough last night as I was cooking dinner I heard Wyatt scream MOM!!! I turned around to see Annie standing on top of the kitchen table holding a pair of scissors that were left on the kitchen table supposedly out of her reach! HA! She found a way to climb on the table and get them. The thing that makes this so odd is how tiny Annie is. She is 19 pounds, 20 on a good day, is 18 months old and is still wearing size 12 month clothes. She is itty bitty and the fact that she has the strength and agility to climb like that amazes me! Wyatt was a tank of a kid and never was a climber. He was more of a bulldozer so this whole climbing thing is freaking me out! I can't let her out of my sight for a minute or she may end up breaking something.
Now onto Boston! Seems my dog has a thing for sippy cups! I keep catching her stealing Annie's sippy cups. Then she lays down on the ground and kinda milks the sippy cup nozzle with her paws to get the juice or milk out! It is hysterical to watch! My dog is nuts!
Well I think it would be wise of my to at least try and get dressed out of my pajamas and try to get some things done around here even though I feel rotten.
Wish me luck.....
Blue or Pink...what do you think?
10 years ago
3 comments:
Oh honey, how I miss you! My 2nd one (Kelly) was a HUGE climber too...very active, very skinny (she weighed 9 lbs 6 ozs when she was born, but then she got tall, didn't gain much and was a skinny little thing!) and was ALWAYS into something. And...she's 18 now and STILL on the move!!! She was the "sports" kid in the house. Kaitlin (the oldest) was the dancer....slow, graceful. Kelly was the soccer player...she liked the smashing and pushing. The last one? He's the puzzles, bookworm, kid...but he loves his music and his acting!! Amazing how three kids can be so different...as I think you are finding out! Can't wait to see what YOUR #3 is gonna be like!!
((hugs))
Jeanne
Welcome back to the wonderful world of blog! Good to know you all are well.
My Autumn is a climber, too! She just turned a year old last week, and she will climb the ladder up to the top bunk of my older kids' bed. I had to gate it off to keep her out of there! One of my friends said that her parents once found her on top of the fridge when she was around 18mo. Thank heavens that hasn't happened here!
Post a Comment