As I was doing some cleaning today while Wyatt was at school and Annalee was taking her nap I decided to turn on the TV for some background noise as well as distraction from cleaning. I just so happened to turn it on to some celebrity news show that I usually can not stand to watch and it was all about what celebrities want and are giving people for Christmas along with all the "IT" gifts this season. I paid somewhat attention as I cleaned and found myself feeling quite sorry for these people and the priorities and "stuff" they spend their days chasing! At that moment I saw how empty and sad their lives must really be if they place that kind of importance on things. At that moment my worries of paying the bills, and not having what I thought was "enough" seemed like such a blessing! I may not have much as far as the world is concerned, my clothes may not be in style and my home is far from glamorous, and I could sure use a makeover as far as my hair and makeup are concerned but I am blessed beyond measure because I know what my priorities are and what is the "IT" things in my life and I can assure you none of it can be found in a store or in some magazine.
I spend my days caring for everyone BUT myself. I feed, clothe, and care for two tiny people that can not do it on their own while at the same time trying to teach them to do it themselves. I wipe noses and bottoms and dry tears and get screamed at, spilled on, climbed on, and even sometimes hit by a screaming toddler. I get the honor of hearing my son read a book for the first time and tell me minute after minute what time it is because he finally gets it. I get to play interpreter to a toddler who repeats herself over and over again until I finally understand what she is saying. I pick up the same toys 20 or more times a day and sweep up the same messes over and over again.
I have a husband who loves me even when I loose it and when I complain about how tired, fat, pregnant, hungry, hot, sore, sick, moody I am. We don't fight and if we have a disagreement we can talk about things and come to some sort of peaceful resolution. Not too mention he is pretty darned handsome and manly too.
You see I don't have stuff. I don't need stuff. I don't want stuff! I am happy with my life and it's pretty monotonous routine. I am glad I know what is really important and that I have all the "IT" things I could possibly desire.
My life is pretty simple and plain and I would not have it any other way.
Blue or Pink...what do you think?
10 years ago
3 comments:
Have a good Thanksgiving, Kara
Kara nice seeing a post, you hang in their dear. Sent some stuff your way and a note.
Kara!!!! Oh man have I missed your blog, reading updates on Wyatt, Annie, Seth and yourself. I can't believe you're expecting again - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I hope to read more updates on what's going on (hint, hint).
Post a Comment