Sunday, November 2, 2008

Spook-tacular Day!

Hi folks:

I hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween. It was a 2 day event here at our house. Thursday night we had a chili and cornbread dinner at the church followed by trunk or treat for the kids. My chili turned out pretty darned good if I do say so myself ha! Wyatt had a great time visiting all the trunks for some treats and little Miss Annalee was just glad to be along for the ride. Seth was also able to attend before work which made it even better! Funny thing is I had 16 bags of candy I was able to get for 1.00 a bag... the good stuff too like snickers and skittles etc. so I split the bags up bringing half to the trunk or treat and saving the other 8 for Halloween in the neighborhood .Well I should have brought more to the church event as we ran out so fast only giving 1 piece a child and had tons left over at home giving several pieces per child. Oh well hindsight is 20/20.

Friday morning Wyatt had a little Halloween party at his preschool and he had a blast!!!! It was so cute to watch him walk into the class room with his little costume on and to hear all his little friends compliment him haha! So by Friday night we all ready had so much candy at our house I wasn't looking forward to having tons more haha!

Come 6:00 we headed out the door to take the kids trick or treating. Wyatt was soooooo excited to go but as soon as we hit the neighbors house he hid behind me and cried and would not go to the door!!! It was so bizarre! He did this for the next few houses until we met up with some of his friend from the neighborhood and as soon as he saw them run up to the doors and trick or treat he was no longer afraid and joined right in. It was nice to have a group of friends to join us as well. Seth went back to our place to hand out candy before heading off to work and I finished taking Wyatt and Annie around the neighborhood. It was really fun. We have several cute Grandmas and Grandpas in our neighborhood and they just oohed and aahed over my kidos and gave them extras haha! They were really sweet. It was a fun night.

Needless to say we have candy out the waazoo at our house and I have had WAY too much myself hehehe.

Well thats about all for now. Enjoy some pictures..... Until next time...


10 comments:

CntryMomma said...

Cute! I just love scrapblog!

LORI

Kathy said...

Very cute pics. I'll bet it was loads of fun. We had a harvest party at our church too and I so enjoyed seeing the little kids and even babies in their costumes.

Allison said...

I absolutely love the darling pictures! : ) Glad it was a fun Halloween for you all. Have a happy week. Luv ya!

Leene said...

It sounds like you guys had a great few nights and days. I know a few people who did trunk or treating this year and they all had a great time but like you ran out of candy FAST!!! The pictures are great, Annie and Wyatt are both geting so big. Leene

Rose said...

Those kids are just so dang cute!! Glad you had fun! xoxo

CntryMomma said...

There is a something special for you over at my place! (MLPOL)

LORI

Terri said...

OMG they are both just adorable!!!

Hugs
Terri

MCMEMORIES said...

So cute! Wyatt was so much fun to watch in class. He finally had to take his costume off because he couldn't fit at the table to do his work! The second he was finished he put it back on though!

David said...

Kara,
Isn't Halloween fun with the kids? I'm glad all is well. My FIL left for Arizona yesterday. Warn the neighbors!
Smiles,
David

MCMEMORIES said...

I've been getting my coupons ready for the past four hours. I am going to score big time tomorrow!